Who We AreCompany Background And History
The late Mr. Rex Koh Kim Chuan founded Arka Projects in 1985. Mr. Rex Koh was an ex-President of the Singapore Institute of Architects in the 1980s.
His son, Bryan Koh Chong Ann took over in mid 1997 and has since focused the firm’s business as a capital markets services and business advisory firm serving entrepreneurs. Bryan has a law degree from London University, a MBA from the Stern Graduate School of Business, New York University. Bryan has many years of working experience in commercial/investment banking and equities research in Singapore and Asia.
- Many Asian companies with sound business fundamentals are currently facing major structural economic changes: foreign competition, technological shifts, deregulation, a missing element for economic adjustment is capital. Bank loans, restrictive private placements, or dilutive stock offerings, the traditional sources of risk capital have become harder to come by.
- Our target customer segment: the middle market corporation in Asia is facing tight monetary conditions amidst major structural economic changes. These essentially sound corporations face difficulties in raising capital from traditional funding sources. Tight monetary conditions are expected to last for another year or so. We believe Arka Projects can offer value to these private sector customers during this period in terms of compliance with domestic regulations and bringing new capital from the funding alternative we offer.
- In a world of giant organizations with a broad array of services, there is room for a small firm with professionalism and integrity, and senior-level attention to clients and relationships.
- In a world of ever-larger firms, there are gifted, entrepreneurial professionals who, with their institutional credibility and congruent goals, would partner Arka Projects in creating value add for their own businesses and our end clients.
- Through select partnerships, both partners benefit from competitive advantages to complement their different areas of expertise and build on their respective strengths. Arka Projects through selective partnerships is able to bring timely solutions to end clients e.g. bonds financing for sound corporate clients in China. Exploratory costs for clients are minimal compared to existing channels for bond issuance or exploring listing alternatives. We have developed a cost effective approach to listing exploration.
- In a world rife with potential conflicts of interest, our independence allows us to provide entirely objective advice and cost effective solutions without any pressure from alternative agendas, as we are not owned by any financial group.
- In a world where services and advice are becoming increasingly similar to commodities being marketed under different brand names, our focus on quality and our unique creative perspective which we bring to assignments we undertake will ensure our continued progress prosperity. Creativity, in this instance is being able to offer creative cost effective exploratory costs for clients and being able see the hidden sound business value that others do not.
The Arka Projects team's success in pursuing those goals and beliefs is reflected today in our milestones, the scope of our advisory assignments and the nature and reach of capital markets services we are currently able to offer.
The keys to our progess as a capital markets advisory firm is the patience to remain focused; to be blessed with the pro-activity that enables us to maximize our clients’ value; and, the creativity to offer creative cost effective solutions for clients and see the hidden sound business value that others do not.